Servings: 4 serves
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 1/2 grape tomatoes
- 15 large basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Olive U! Sicilian Blend
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 3 tbsp Chilli olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400F. Wash and drain grape tomatoes and place on a baking tray. Drizzle with about 3 tbsp of Olive U! Italian blend olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Take the garlic and cut the top off, making sure to expose every piece of garlic within the bulb.
- Place the garlic on a piece of foil large enough to cover it. Drizzle 1 tbsp Olive U! Italian blend olive oil on top and sprinkle with generous pinch of salt and pepper. Wrap the garlic and place on the tray with the grape tomatoes.
- Place tomatoes and garlic in the oven for 20 minutes. After roasting, let cool completely.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, making sure to add salt to the water once it boils.
- When the spaghetti is cooked, reserve about 2 cups of the pasta water right before draining it. Drizzle hot pasta with little olive oil to keep it from sticking together.
- Take the cooled roasted garlic and place on a cutting board. Mash with a fork.
- Preheat a large saute pan. Add the remainder of your Olive U! Italian
- Blend olive oil, about ¼ cup, into the pan. Add the tomatoes and garlic. Saute for around two minutes. Add the pasta and about 1 cup of the pasta water. Toss pasta until garlic and tomatoes are distributed. Chiffonade basil leaves. Sprinkle on the pasta. Drizzle chilli oil over pasta and toss again one last time until basil is fully incorporated. Take pasta and place in a large bowl. Garnish with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!