- 3 red bell peppers
- 6 large plain tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dried red chili flakes
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- finely grated lemon zest & juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 4 tbsp Olive U! Lemon EVOO
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ounce black and green olives
- 1 ounce flat leaf parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Place the peppers on a baking sheet and roast, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the skins are almost blackened. Add the tomatoes to the baking sheet and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Place the peppers in a plastic bag, close the top loosely, trapping in the steam, and then set them aside with the tomatoes until they are cool enough to handle.
- Carefully pull off and discard the skin from the peppers. Remove and discard the seeds, then chop the peppers and tomatoes roughly and place them together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the chili flakes, onion, garlic, lemon zest, and juice. Sprinkle on the parsley. Mix well, then transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, drizzle on the olive oil, and sprinkle the olives and extra parsley on the top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!