- 3 Anjou or Bosc pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup boarsely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 1 cup Olive U! Pear Balsamic
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 lbs flank steak, trimmed
- 2 tbsp Olive U! Sicilian Blend
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a non-reactive bowl large enough to accommodate the steak and mix well to dissolve sugar. Submerge steak in liquid and marinate for 2 days, covered, in refrigerator.
- Bring steak to room temp for 30 minutes before cooking. Rub steak with 1 tbsp EVOO and heat grill to high and grill 8-10 minutes per side for medium rare. Let steak rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- While steak is resting, heat 1 tbsp EVOO in skillet over high heat. Remove onions and pears from marinade and saute until golden and caramelized, approx. 8 minutes.
- Set aside. Strain marinade into hot skillet and cook until reduced by half. Slice steak thinly against grain and top with onions, pears, and reduced marinade. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!