- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 6 large tomatoes
- 1 bunch arugula or watercress
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 4 tsp Olive U! Sicilian Blend & Lemon olive oil
- Soak the onion slices in a bowl of cold water for 30 minutes, then drain and pat dry.
- Prepare the tomatoes for skinning by slashing them with a sharp knife and dipping briefly in boiling water. Peel off the skins and then slice each tomato using a sharp knife.
- Arrange half the tomato slices on a large platter, or divide them among six small plates if you prefer. Layer with half the chopped arugula or watercress and half the onion slices, seasoning well. Add half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Season well to finish and drizzle the oil on the salad. Cover the salad and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!